Translate

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summertime Freeze Pops



 Excuse my nails as I am not used to getting them done. Anyways, I made some yogurt popsicles since it's been super hot lately. I'm a big fan of greek yogurt especially Chobani and Fage.  Now you ask why I prefer greek yogurt over regular yogurt? Well first and foremost, it is a great source of protein since it has about 15-20 grams of protein per serving. Secondly, greek yogurt is one of the main sources of protein for vegetarians. Lastly, it is also a probiotic meaning it helps promote a healthy digestive tract, has less sodium and fat compared to regular yogurt.

 I remember growing up when I was little, my cousins & I used to make mango freeze pops during summertime made from fresh mangoes + milk. They were delicious! I then decided to modify our recipe and add the greek yogurt twist to it. Oh by the way, you may use any fruit of your preference. Below is my recipe...  

Le Randomist Strawberry Freeze Pops Recipe:

Ingredients: 
molds, cups or tray
16 oz. plain greek yogurt 
2 cups strawberries
1/4 cup granola

1.) Put 1-2 tbsps of greek yogurt into popsicle mold followed by 1/2 tbsp of granola.
2) Blend strawberries and greek yogurt and pour into the popsicle molds.
3.) Freeze for about 3-6 hours! 

Hope you enjoy! 

xoxo